5/5/09

Torrey Pines/Cabrillo

Sorry I didn't tell you about Torrey Pines! Happy Cinco de Mayo, everyone!
Torrey Pines: was really fun. We learned about animals that live there like skunks, snakes, and animals like deer mice. We also learned about the plants there, too, like the prickly pear cactus, wild cucumber, and others. We learned about food chains too. The lunch on the beach was the best, though. I found half a crab claw and my friend found a whole lobster claw. We threw rocks in the water and chased each other around the beach.
Cabrillo/Tidepools: was fun, but not as fun as Torrey Pines. We took a hike and went on a scavenger hunt to find plants like black sage, mojave yucca, and the lemonade berry plant. Those berries were so sour and tangy! We watched a movie about the marine life in the tidepools and how they survive. Then we were off for lunch. After minutes of munching, we drove down to the tidepools. Those rocks were so slippery! I fell 2 times. Once I got my whole lower body wet and the second time I slid my foot in the water like a baseball player sliding to home base. My friend found a half a lobster being eaten by a sea anemone. I turned around because I had heard something, and I saw 2 crabs fighting. A bunch of kids came rushing over after 5 or 6 kids were gathered around, and then people started taking sides. "I'm on that crab's side!" "That one is one-armed, he's gonna lose! I'm on the two-armed crab's side!" "Me too!" After about 10 minutes, the crabs fell off the ledge and were falling into the water. People were bored by now, so everyone left. Around 1:30, the teachers said we had to leave.
When we got back to school, we all started to play four square, the bell rang, and finally school was over. The End.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

yo! that blog was awesome. Isabella your so cool. I wish i knew u. By the way i have a major crush on u! u rock

Joe Jonas said...

hey, izzy! i love your blog. It rocks! So i would like to say this to your blog. Hi world! I am Joe Jonas and i think Isabella's blog is awesome! Love you Isabella!

Triple A / Ashley A said...

Hey. This is...ME, leaving a comment. Oh ya, I ROCK! Boo ya! bye the way Izzy this is Ash leaving YOU a message. bye!

Genius said...

yo! feild trips are awesome! i luv them! hey Izzy. I would love if your did a blog about funny things like a weird hobo you saw. I don't know. Hit all your vewiers with a... i got it! this weekend you could do something called a laughfest2009! 8:OOpm until 10:00pm or somethig you could post a bunch a of blogs just about funny things and then there could be a contest what ever vewier sends the most coments( under the same name) would be in your Izzy news paper or something or could could have a blog you write all about them and the laughfest2009! i know u would luv it ! You could tell all of of your friends to tell there friend ext. Well I hope you love my idea! GOT 2 GO! BYE!

Isabella said...

joe jonas is not real! i know it was just you, ash! :)

#1 JB Fan said...

don't believe isabella. omg... joe jonas ACTUALLY commented on my fave blog! so cool. i luv u, joe!