4/27/09

Whew!

I just finished one of the best books ever, while munching on cookies. Guess what book it is. You get 3 clues.
1. It's by Roald Dahl.
2. It's about a girl named Sophie.
3. One of the main character's initials is B.
Do you know what it is?
It's The BFG!
I love the ending on the very last page, it's so... cute.
"But where, might you ask, is this book the BFG wrote?
"It's right here, you've just finished reading it."
And I just HAD to giggle when that part about "whizzpopping" came up... so funny! I like how the BFG talks, too- it's funny. Like when he says,
"... faster than you can say rack jobinson.", "... no more pokery-jiggery.", and "Keep your skirt on! I think I have the answer to the maiden's hair!" But those are only some. The best one is, "Two rights don't make a left!" (2 wrongs don't make a right)
I love some of his words. Here are some of them- phizzwizard, ringbeller, whoppsy, bellypoppers (helicopters), exuncly (exactly), porteedo (torpeedo), slushbungle, swizzfiggling, natterboxes, chatbags, and cattlepiddlers.
How many of you guys read The BFG?
What was one (or all) of your favorite parts?
For those of you looking for a good book, I highly reccomend The BFG.
Well that's it for today, folks! See ya tomorrow!

No comments: