3/9/09

Riddles

I'm back! Sorry I said last time I'd come with a story, but I haven't gotten to it. I DO have some riddles 4 U, though. #1's 4 U iCarly watchers- which will most likely be kids!

Riddle #1- A man goes to town on Friday. He stays in town for THREE DAYS- that's 3 days, people! And he leaves town on Friday. Is this possible- yes or no? If yes, how is it possible? Comment!

Riddle #2- A lady has a boat that is so small, it can only carry herself and one other thing. She has a cabbage, a goat, and a wolf. She needs to get them all across a river safely. The goat and wolf cannot be left alone because the wolf will eat the goat. The goat cannot be left alone with the cabbage- the goat will eat the cabbage! How can the lady get them all across the river safely? Or is this not possible? Hint- Nothing can be left behind. Nothing can be get rid of.

Comment your answers please! Next week, I will post the answers and a couple of your comments/answers. Please, please comment. It would be so sad if I had to post, "No comments were posted. So, no point in giving out the answers." What if there's people who can't comment, but they have an answer and the want to know if they want to see if they are right? It would be so sad for them. :-( Hi, mom! Hi, dad! Bye, mom! Bye, dad! Peace we out! :-) Seriously, people. Comment if U have a suggestion or something. Oh, and check out the poll, Picture of the day, and Quote of the day!!!!!

6 comments:

Suzanne Akemi said...

Hmm...these riddles are too hard for me. I'm guessing that there are answers to each of them, but my brain isn't able to figure them out. You'll have to share the answers so I can sleep at night! Have you tried Professor Layton on the DS? That game would be right up your alley if you're into riddles!

Suzanne Akemi said...

I thought of one answer--it was actually a riddle that was in Prof. Layton's, too. First the old lady takes the goat across. The wolf and cabbage are left together, but that's okay. She goes back and then she takes the cabbage. But, instead of leaving the goat, she brings the goat back to pick up the wolf. She then takes the wolf and leaves the goat. The wolf and cabbage are then across, but they're okay together. She goes back one last time and gets the goat.

I still don't know the Friday one, though!

Bill said...

Have you ever tried the game Professor Layton and the Curious Village? I think you'd really like it. It's full of tricky riddles. Akemi finished it but I got stuck on some of them and never made it to the end! I bet you'd be good at it!

Bill said...

Whoops. I didn't see Akemi already asked you about Professor Layton. Duh! :-P

marc said...

Riddle #1: I'm going to go out on a limb and say, yes, it is possible that he went to town on Friday, stays 3 days, and leaves on Friday.

KeriJane said...

Hey on number one -- was he riding a horse named "Friday"?