3/25/09

Jog-A-Thon

Today was the Jog-A-Thon! It was sooooooo tiring. The track was so big, I only could run 13 laps in forty five minutes! And last year, I ran like 27, and I was on the same track. That's crazy!!!!! Well, maybe they could have made the track a little bit bigger, but anyway... At least we were ALLOWED to rest and ALLOWED to walk the track. Maybe that's why I didn't run as many this year as last year, I walked the track most of the time. At least the room parents brought in water bottles for the whole class. I was so tired, I asked my friend to pour water on my head 3 TIMES!!!!!!! I am so glad we got Jamba Juice and Popsicles after we ran!! Here's a riddle for ya: Chloe and her older sister reached the top of Mount Washburn. Use the clues to figure out the missing altitude.
1- Begin with 4,582.
2- Add the number of feet in a mile.
3- Add the number of days in a regular year.
4- Add the number of eggs you get in a typical carton.
5- Add the number of leaves on a lucky clover.
Please comment your answers! I will post the answer in 3 days. You have 3 days to comment and answer.



Hint- The number of feet in a mile is 5,280. If you didn't know.

2 comments:

Bill said...

Mount Washburn elevation = 10,243

Feet in a mile = 5280
Days in a regular year = 365
Eggs in a typical carton = 12
Leaves on lucky clover = 4

4582 + 5280 + 365 + 12 + 4 = 10,243

Missing elevation = 0

Am I correct? :-)

Isabella said...

yes!!!!! good :)